Role Opportunity: You take customer service to new heights.
YOU BELONG UP HERE.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do at British Airways. Our commitment to them is integral to our promise: To Fly. To Serve.
A real team player, you’ll work closely with colleagues to make great things happen for our customers. Crucially, you’re always ready to adapt to change and innovation. Whether you’re responding to changing conditions mid-flight or trying out a brand new service, you will aspire to be the very best, with customers at the forefront of your mind. You will have plenty of opportunity to make a difference. It’s all about flying our customers in style to a wide range of destinations including Ibiza, Barbados and Bermuda, taking care to provide experiences that set us apart from the competition. By making sure customers are looked after, you’ll strengthen the relationship we have with them.
You belong with us. That’s why we’ll provide you with invaluable experience and the rewards and career progression you would expect from a global premium airline.
As Gatwick Fleet Cabin Crew you will have the potential to earn on average a reward package of between £20,000 and £21,500 per annum, potentially increasing to £23,000 per annum in conjunction with corporate pay initiatives. This comprises of a starting salary of £12,638 per annum, an hourly payment of £2.95 when you are flying, performance related annual increments and commission for Inflight Retail sales. Annual leave starting at 28 days per year rising to 34 days per year.
- To ensure operational safety, security and health and safety responsibilities are
performed to the highest standards and are compliant with EASA, British Airways
requirements and all other relevant legislation
- Maintain safety compliance at all times with Safety & Equipment Procedures (recency)
- Deliver world-class service excellence in line with our service standards and behaviours
- To ensure compliance with all corporate policies and procedures in accordance with
- To act as a British Airways role model to crew, colleagues and customers adhering to
our uniform standards
- To build effective working relationships with colleagues and service partners to work
as one team
- To deliver the crew objectives set by the business and a personal development plan,
developing self-awareness through 360 feedback
- To be medically and physically fit to meet regulatory and role requirements (if
successful, you will be required to attend BA Health Service Medical Assessment)
- To be the required height, between 1.575m (5’2”) and 1.85m (6’1”) with weight in
proportion to your height and a vertical function reach of at least 2.01m (6’7”)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Be able to kneel astride a person within the space
restriction of 46cm (18”), apply pressure through both arms to a depth of 5-6 cm (2.5”),
for 30 compressions for a period of 2 minutes minimum
- You are able to lift a weight of 9kg (20lb) from a height of 195cm (78”), this is the
equivalent of lifting a medical kit from and aircraft overhead locker
Skills (Practised capability/behaviour):
- You appreciate why the safety and security of our customers is so important for British Airways
- You are passionate about delivering service excellence every time
- You genuinely enjoy customer interactions and place the customer at the heart of everything you do
Qualifications (Essential or desirable):
- To be aged 18 or over at time of application
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Previous customer service experience, especially in the hospitality and travel industry (Desirable)
- Hold a valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) with the unrestricted right to live and work
This vacancy is open to individuals with a valid EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) Cabin Crew Attestation (CCA) only. The CCA must have been issued within the last five years, or if issued more than 5 years ago you must have flown on at least one aircraft type.