Flight Attendant – (All Spirit Bases)
Flight Attendant – (All Spirit Bases)
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date
2 months ago(9/13/2019 6:31 PM)
# of Openings
What does it mean to be a Spirit Flight Attendant? Flight Attendants are the face of Spirit – they welcome Guests with a smile; they are fun and friendly, relaxed and confident, playful yet professional. Spirit Flight Attendants care about getting Guests where they need to be safely, reliably, and on time.
As a Spirit Flight Attendant, you are responsible for providing excellence in Guest services and an enjoyable experience on board any one of our 135 aircrafts. We have the youngest fleet in the industry and are looking for the friendliest Attendants to fly our skies with us! Sounds like something you’d like to do? We thought so, too.
As a representative of the fastest growing airline in the U.S., you will help our Guests love and appreciate Spirit’s unbundled fares. We proudly make it easy for our Guests to choose the optional services they value most. Spirit Airlines Flight Attendants provide leadership, direction, and assistance to fellow Spirit Team Members and Guests.
* Responsible for the safety and comfort of Guests aboard the aircraft while providing exemplary service.
* Provide Guests with briefings pre-flight, during flight, and after landing.
* Assist Guests by answering any inquiries they may have in addition to aiding Guests with their carry-on items, which may require overhead lifting.
* Market, sell, and provide snacks and beverages to Guests.
* Check emergency equipment and be aware of hazardous situations in the cabin.
* Demonstrate the use of emergency equipment as required.
* Provides leadership, direction, and assistance during an emergency situation, including aircraft evacuation, administering first aid to ill or incapacitated Guests, and during incidents such as turbulent flights and delayed flights.
* Maintain compliance with all Federal Aviation Regulations as well as Spirit’s policies and procedures.
* May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change due to operational needs.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must be at least 5’0 (without shoes).
* Must be able to lift 50lbs from floor to shoulder level, ability to reach aircraft overhead bins and storage areas.
* Must be able to fasten a four point jump seat harness without the use of extension devices.
* Must have valid passports/documents with the ability to travel in and out of the USA and to all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines.
* Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* At least 2 years of experience in the Guest Service, Hospitality and/or Sales/Merchandising industry.
* Must be dependable, energetic, outgoing, a team player, and demonstrate leadership and exceptional interpersonal skills.
* Must be flexible and willing to relocate to a base assignment at your own expense in any current or future crew bases.
* Required to attend and successfully complete a 4-week Initial Flight Attendant training held in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
* Ability to work flexible hours, days and holidays.
* Ability to work in close quarters with service animals as well as all snack items, including but not limited to peanuts.
* Ability to communicate effectively. Must be proficient in the English language; bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
* Must maintain a polished, professional and conservative appearance at all times.
* High School Diploma or GED required, College degree preferred.
* Driver’s license is preferred.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our Team Members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other applicable employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a workplace free from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation because of age, sex (including pregnancy), race, national origin, disability, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.